Grove Leadership Essentials: The Polyclinic Pilot
At Optum we believe that investing in the development of clinician leaders is critical both to their success and that of Optum. The Grove Leadership Essentials program equips Optum Care leaders with the insights, information, and skills they need to lead their team, accomplish their goals, and support the organization's mission to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.
This course is designed for clinician leaders with responsibility for a clinic or a pod. Taking on additional leadership responsibilities while still providing patient care and serving as a care team leader can be challenging - this role will require new skills and behaviors. Through didactic training, practice-based learning and dialogue with peers participants will have a plan to incorporate into daily practice.
Topics will include business fundamentals such as clinic performance and financials, management skills like budgeting and organizational agility, as well as leadership skills like coaching and influencing to enhance leadership effectiveness.
- Optum Care clinic or pod level provider leaders (MD, DO, NP, PA)
- Most beneficial when taken during the first 6-24 months in leadership position
- Desire for personal and professional development.
- Willing to invest the time and focus required to complete the program.
- Continue connection with peers through alumni network and activities.
- Ease transition and accelerate speed to competence for clinicians moving into a first time leadership position.
- Focus on the skillsets with the greatest return and on common sticking points where new clinic leads struggle.
- Identify and focus on the knowledge, skills, and abilities that differentiate high performing clinic leaders.
- Use practical tools to help lead people, lead for results, and navigate through change.
- Network with peers to share common leadership experiences.